Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
Oxford English spelling is used, that is: "-ize" endings for words such as ‘organize’ and ‘dramatization’; ‘analyse’, not ‘analyze’; ‘colour’, not ‘color’; ‘labelling’, not ‘labeling’, etc. Use of complex jargon must be avoided
Manuscripts is typed on A-4 portrait layout, double-spaced, with at least 2.5 cm margins, with left and right margins justified, one tab space between paragraphs, but no tab at the beginning of each paragraph. The font type is Times New Roman throughout the manuscript and font size is 12 for the main body text (Font size may be slightly reduced in the Abstract, Figures, Illustrations and Tables).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
For research manuscripts the size is within 3,000 to 4,000 words. Pages are centrally numbered at the bottom. The manuscript contains the following:
- Materials and Methods
- Results and Discussion
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- Tables, Figures/Illustrations
- Units of measure are metric standard international and clearly indicated.
- Only standard abbreviations are used; unusual ones are given initially in full with the abbreviation in parentheses, thereafter abbreviated
- Footnotes are avoided in the main body of the manuscript
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the journal. Thus, copyright for material accepted for publication will transfer to the publisher of AJHS journal.